Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Wild Ideas

My latest wild idea is to have a Spanish language group with our upcoming 40 Days of Purpose Campaign. We have a large number of Spanish speaking people in the area, and a few churches have started among them, but so far the Methodists aren't. There is one Methodist church in a near-by town, but it is small and appears to not be growing.

So how do you start a Spanish bible study? Obviously it would be helpful to have someone who speaks Spanish. That's where we're lacking.

I took conversational Spanish last spring, but I don't feel up to joining in - let alone leading - the kind of conversations common to bible studies & small groups. But I'm willing to try if that's the only way forward.

So right now I'm doing what I always do in the face of this kind of wild idea - PRAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home