Sunday, December 04, 2005

What do you make of this?


I'm at a meeting at a church in another town yesterday. At an appropriate break time, I find the nearest men's room. Being a pastor, I am curious about most aspects of other church facilities, so I "investigated" the layout of this restroom. For the age of the building, it was spacious. Very well laid out. Then I noticed, on the wall behind the sink area, this image.

Why does a men's rest room in a United Methodist Church have a framed picture of a gorilla in it? Which committee do you suppose decided this?

Yes, even more curious than I was before, we checked the women's restroom. It was adorned with a picture of flowers.

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Don't complain. Where does a 400-pound gorilla poop? Anywhere he wants to.

7:29 AM  
Blogger gmw said...

flowers = feminine
_______ = masculine

apparently the answer is "gorilla in the bush"

7:48 AM  
Blogger Richard H said...

Maybe someone just has a sense of humor. Or... maybe someone put it up as an experiment to see how long it would take for someone to comment.

OUr church newsletter used to have a bible verse on its masthead. Though I have my doubts about how many people read the newsletter, I theorized that even fewer ever noticed the masthead. So we changed it to Spanish for a month. It generated zero comments. After a month I pointed it out to some people. They'd never noticed it.

7:58 AM  
Blogger gavin richardson said...

is it because the men's room generally sounds and smells like a jungle? but then that might mean that the womens room sounds and smells like flowers.. i know that isn't true!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home