Friday, March 03, 2006

What's next?

In the past few days I have heard several different people talk about how they have gotten used to watching television shows without the commercials. Between buying boxed sets on DVD and the DVR/TiVO revolution, more and more people are skipping the commercials in favor of just watching the shows.

What do you suppose this trend will mean for the future of ad-driven programming? No doubt the producers of these shows are getting a cut from the dish/cable companies that sell the dvr machinery, and they are making good money off the dvd market, so what happens to advertisers?

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I just wanted to say "hello"...My husband, Don, and I were at Asbury in the late 80's and remember you from there. I was blogsurfing today and happened upon this blog. Blessings.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just switched from Dish to DirecTV. One feature I miss is the 30 second fast forward feature. It seems to be missing from my DirecTV PVR. I can fast forward, but it is hard to time. On Dish, you could skip forward 30 sec at a time, then rev 15 sec (I think) making it pretty easy to fly through commercials.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home