Monday, August 08, 2005

Restaurant Review - Applebees

We took Paul out to Applebees for his birthday today (my first visit to an Applebees since I got sick after eating at one a couple of years ago). I stil like Chilis much better, but Chilis hasn't gotten smart enough to put a location in our area yet.

Business was pretty slow for the lunch hour. With Pilgrim's Pride world headquarters down the road and a location right off I 30 I'd expected a bigger crowd. We were led quickly to out table, with no waiting. Soonthe servers came and started the order process.

I ordered the Cowboy Burger. It's distinguishing characteristics, according to the menu, included onion peels and BBQ sauce. When our food was delivered it had neither. Though it was soon corrected, I'd rather have my order right the first time. Th eburger itself was ok - though not exceptional. The quantity was more than enough - half a sandwich would have been plenty. The fries were also tasty.

Christi had their new Orange Glaze Chicken Bowl. She said it was ok, but the "variety of vegetables" claimed by the menu included only broccoli and red pepper. She also commented that it was more soupy than she expected, since they had drenched it with the orange sauce.

Paul and the girls ordered chicken strips and their food seems to have been just fine.

Service was ok, though we had to ask twice for carry out boxes.

O Chilis, where are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home